The Period Before Marriage
ON THE MATTERS TO BE CONSIDERED BEFORE THE MARRIAGE DECISION….
A fairy-tale wedding, a beautiful house, a happy togetherness and a life crowned with children, and a "Marriage Decision" embellished with these dreams. It is everyone's biggest dream to be so easy, but unfortunately, thoughts planned so easily in theory do not work so well in practice. The biggest reason for this is the inability to evaluate the pre-marriage period well and the dreams that cannot be built on solid foundations.
Although a marriage decision is taken in relationships, it is inevitable to experience many “problems and conflicts” between couples.
- Having different family, culture and life experiences
- Differences in character structures
- Education and status difference between them
- Differences in economic conditions
- Different views and beliefs
- Different tastes and tastes
- Different meaning and perception of life
- And differences of faith
Such situations are the source of conflicts and make it difficult for couples to understand each other. Couples often postpone the solution of the problems experienced and are attributed to the idea that these problems will disappear over time.
In the pre-marriage period,
- Trying to change each other
- Ignoring the problems and covering them up
- The thought that changes when you get married,
- "I" centered mindset
- Focusing on the realization of a certain dream and ideal
- Connecting to the wrong criteria
- Being unable to separate from their families
- Not to question himself and determine his expectations from marriage
- Having "age status" problems with marriage and having children and being defeated by social pressures
- Etc. situations and thoughts cause the decision of marriage to be built on false foundations.
Good evaluation of the “pre-marital period” of couples who decide to marry before starting their new life, which is planned to last a lifetime, is very important for them to have a healthy and happy marriage life.